The Last Movie - Limited Edition Bundles -- Starting At:
Special Edition Blu-ray + American Dreamer CD Soundtrack + Enamel Pin + Alex Cox Essay + Collector’s Postcard
- New 4K restoration from the original camera negative
- Scene Missing (2018), a sixty-minute documentary directed by Alex Cox on the making of The Last Movie
- Some Kind of Genius (1987), a thirty-minute documentary portrait of Dennis Hopper directed by Paul Joyce
- Postcard from Peru (2018), a new series of video interviews with members of the Peruvian crew filmed by Daniel García and Aurelio Medina
- The Dick Cavett Show 1971 interview with Hopper
- 2007 video introduction by Dennis Hopper
- 2018 U.S. Theatrical Trailer
- 1971 Theatrical Trailer
- 1971 Product Reel
- Restoration Demo
- New essays by Julie Adams, Jessica Hundley and Mike Plante plus a 1971 Evergreen Review report from the set of the film by L.M. Kit Carson.
The American Dreamer CD Soundtrack
The American Dreamer, (Lawrence Schiller and L. M. Kit Carson’s documentary portrait of Dennis Hopper’s mythic post-production on The Last Movie) soundtrack is on CD for the first time ever! Features exclusive recordings by Gene Clark, John Buck Wilkin, John Manning, Hello People, and a Fred Neil cover – all produced by Nick Venet (known for his work with Beach Boys, Karen Dalton, Scott Walker, etc.)
Includes a new lengthy essay about the film & soundtrack by Dennis Hopper archivist Jessica Hundley, plus new interviews with co-director Larry Schiller and some of the musicians and others involved. The booklet also features rare, unseen photos from the New Mexico madness printed in a nice CD sized package.
A Light in the Attic release.
Alex Cox Essay Booklet
New 14,000 word essay about The Last Movie by noted filmmaker Alex Cox (Repo Man, Sid & Nancy)
Edited by Jessica Hundley / Designed by Thunderwing Studio
1" High quality hard enamel pin with custom “Scene Missing": backing card. Limited Edition of 500 in collaboration with Valley Cruise Press.
4 x 6” double sided Collector’s Postcard.